Cycling Rentals Environmental Policy
CTTC Environmental Policy
- CTTC realizes its’ social & environmental responsibility and strives to maintain a sustainable enterprise in all aspects of the business.
- Our core business is the promotion and provision of one of the cleanest forms of travel (and certainly the most efficient!).
- Through cycle-touring we encourage environmentally conscious travel and sustainable business.
- We actively lobby for projects with local governments and communities in regions we operate in – a main goal being the conversion of several defunct railways to cycle-ways.
- We try to ensure that every tour and service we offer directly has the lowest environmental impact, and always aim to work with suppliers that provide an appreciable environmental accountability.
- CTTC works exclusively with small groups, and we prefer to select private and often family managed Hotels and B&B’s.
- We continually look to directly reduce pollution and environmental degradation in the regions we tour, for example, second use Bio-Fuels where available.
- We educate and train all our staff to follow CTTC’s sustainability policy which will ensure continually improved and innovative environmental practices in such simple ways as separating trash and keeping punctured inner tubes for reuse!
- We only use the most environmentally sound, biodegradable cleaning products and lubricants to maintain our bike fleet.
- We operate tours in the country we reside and bring in valued clients to a variety of local businesses.
- We minimize our impact on areas we visit by simply cycling through.
- All used parts are donated to a local cycling association - or reused in Martin’s crafts projects!
- We aim to have as little printed material as possible and operate a print-on-demand policy.
- All printed material is done using digital prints only (no need to use lithographic plates or screens with digital prints).
- We try to recycle all our waste - from the ink cartridges in the office to our picnic waste on tours.
- The hotels and restaurants we use are generally all locally or at least nationally run, favoring family owned small businesses.
- We don’t block book accommodation - allowing the hotel to maintain a higher turn over and better service for the guests.
- CTTC designs and promotes travel in areas that will benefit the most from our brand of low-impact tourism.
- We always employ local guides for every tour – and we’re locals too!
- We always encourage our clients to choose nationally produced gifts and souvenirs at local shops.
Help us improve
We are far from perfect but we honestly try to run a very clean and green operation. If you have ideas that can help us do better, we would love to hear from you - get in touch!